Peak Capital is a fast-growing, early-stage venture capital fund headquartered in Amsterdam. Investing throughout Europe, Peak Capital manages a EUR 84M over 4 funds. We are looking to expand the team with a Finance & Compliance Manager to professionalize financial reporting and back-office finance. At the moment, our team at Peak Capital consists of 2 partners and 8 entrepreneurial investment professionals. To facilitate our international growth, Peak Capital is adding more team members soon…
In this versatile job you will ensure that the entire financial back office runs smoothly. You create fund performance reports for the investors in the funds, you ensure that the internal back-office is in order, and maintain in control in terms of compliance. You work independently and make sure that the quality of the reports is sky-high.
Maintain a close relation with the investment managers to create internal and external (investor) reports on the portfolio companies and the fund as a whole:
- Periodical insights in the most important financial drivers of the portfolio companies (revenue development, growth of customers, runway, valuations);
- Consolidate the financial performance into Peak Capital’s investors’ reporting;
- Maintain the documentation flow for each investment;
- Oversee that all investments in portfolio companies are compliant with internal rules as well as legal obligations.
Taking care of the Peak Capital back-office processes. You work in a facilitating and supportive manner for your colleagues, and you relieve your colleagues by building good processes for the back-office, e.g.:
- Accounts payable and expense reports: you prepare the payments for invoices and expense reports. Organizing this process in such a way that you relieve your colleagues to the maximum extent, whilst ensuring that all required info and documentation is tax and audit compliant.
- Handling cash management, including setting up and managing bank accounts and maintaining relations with the bank;
- Maintaining all investor information in the investor reporting application (Fundrbird) and take care of the semi-annual investor reporting;
- Interacting with the financial service provider (bookkeeping, payroll and tax filings are outsourced) and the external auditor;
Once a year, the balance sheet file is set up for the external audit. You will independently provide all auditable information and documents e.g. for all portfolio companies.
- You take care of regulatory and compliance matters like CDD/KYC, AIFMD-reporting, annual tax reporting.
- Incidentally, you may be requested to support in setting up the reporting structure of new portfolio companies.
- Have a proactive and hands-on mentality with willingness to gain a strong position in the company by showing added value.
- Like to facilitate your colleagues.
- Are an authentic and an inspiring person within your team and have the ability to reach higher with your positive work ethic.
- Work in a structured and precise manner and you are willing to dive into the details.
- Like to work very independently and you consider quality to be of paramount importance
- Are interested in the financial drivers of a company.
- Are willing to do some repetitive work and you like to build smooth processes.
- Are a pragmatic, energetic and an enthusiastic person and you show compassion and interest.
- Are self-aware with a strong personality.
- Are eager to learn, improve and grow and you are strong with analytics and financials.
- Have a masters degree and relevant experience within e.g. accountancy.
- Have a high level of IT-affinity, you are an Excel-expert and can work with basic databases;
- Have strong communication and written skills in both Dutch and English.
- Location: Amsterdam
About Peak Capital:
Peak Capital is a European investment fund headquartered in Amsterdam. Founded and funded by experienced entrepreneurs, Peak Capital offers smart venture capital to European fast-growing early-stage Marketplace, Platform, and SaaS companies.
Peak Capital began investing as an angel fund in 2007 and has professionalized over the last years to its 4th EUR 66M fund. Peak Capital has made over 30 investments to date, of which 12 in just the last 18 months. The funds realized 10 exits, like IENS (now The Fork) to TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP), Radionomy (now Shoutcast), which was acquired by Vivendi (EURONEXT: VIV), and Catawiki, which was acquired in 2021 by Permira. Portfolio companies include Studocu (online content for students), GraphCMS (Headless CMS), Trengo (shared inbox for customer care and team collaboration), Creative Fabrica(platform for creative content) and Channable (software for e-commerce).
Peak Capital ranks in the top performers of European funds. Peak Capital has closed investments together with renowned funds like Accel, Endeit, INKEF, LeadEdge, Northzone, Point Nine, Paua Ventures, Piton, Senovo, Volta, and many others. More information available at https://peak.capital.
Interested? Do you fit the role?
Send your CV (<2 pages), LinkedIn profile, and a short explanation of why you are interested and why we should hire you in English to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!