Amsterdam, 23 September 2021 – Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of our first cohort for our Venture Scout Program. We have gotten together a diverse group of European founders and operators to invest EUR 100,000 check each in teams of their choosing. The venture scouts come from successful tech companies like Airbnb, PayPal, Honeypot, Messagebird, Teamleader, and Uber. With this money, they can invest on alongside us in exceptional pre-seed and seed-stage companies.
A diverse group of five well-connected and specialized European founders and operators are selected to participate in this program. Each of them will be able to invest EUR 100,000 in exceptional companies that have the potential to scale worldwide and change millions of lives for the better.
The venture scouts all have experience either as a founder or operator in a SaaS, marketplace, or platform company, which is in line with our investment focus. We’re happy to bring together the founders and operators from companies such as Airbnb, Honeypot, Messagebird, PayPal, Teamleader, Uber and others, to support the next generation of entrepreneurs in Europe.
The venture scouts for the first cohort are:
- Emma Tracey (Germany), former CEO and founder of Honeypot (exited to Xing in 2019)
- Willem Delbare (Belgium), founder of Teamleader and Officient (exited to Exact in 2020)
- Dennis Goedegebuure (The Netherlands), former Head of Global SEO at Airbnb
- Pete Christianson (The Netherlands): former Growth Strategist at Messagebird
- Alok Alström (Sweden): CEO and founder of Appjobs and former GM of Uber Sweden